Villa Il Vecchio Mulino
Tuscany - Radda in Chianti
Ville del Castello – Il Vecchio Mulino - Chianti - Tuscany
6 Bedrooms - Private Pool
At Ville Del Castello you will taste the real tuscan rural life. Located in a typical small medieval village in Chianti at a short distance to Radda in Chianti, Il Vecchio Mulino six-bedroom stone villa was fully restored in 2005 and offers quiet, cozy accommodations in a charming setting. It is surrounded by a medieval fortified town, but has panoramic views of the countryside. Dive into the village life there you’ll have the chance to take a cooking class, to have a delicious dinner, to sip a glass of a good red wine or to take a drive to other villages in the Chianti region or simply enjoy the sun by the pool.
Whether you take advantage of the available cook service, take a cooking class or prepare your own meals on the outdoor barbecue, you’ll want to dine on the covered terrace and enjoy the incredible views of the countryside. The terrace overlooks the fenced in pool as well as a lawn with plenty of lounge chairs. The staff can also assist with booking the estate’s tennis court in the nearby, or with access to the villa’s Wi-Fi network.
Inside, Il Vecchio Mulino blends traditional features like beamed ceilings with more modern elements like leather armchairs, floral sofas and large windows. Two living rooms with fireplaces offer plenty of seats for everyone, as does the cozy dining room. The airy, fully equipped kitchen has modern appliances and high ceilings.
There are four bedrooms in the main farmhouse and two in a separate guest house. In the main house, you’ll find one bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom, and two bedrooms with two twin beds each and en-suite bathrooms, one of which opens to stairs leading outside. There’s also a private tower bedroom with a double bed and en-suite bathroom. In the guest house, each of the two bedrooms has two twin beds and an en-suite bathroom.
Since the villa is less than a quarter mile from the center of the hamlet Castello, guests can easily stroll into town for dinner at a restaurant run by the local Castello farm. If you’d like to experience the local cuisine in a hands-on way, cooking classes can be arranged, and you can even work off your dinner by booking the tennis court just 200 meters from the villa. If you’d like to explore further, it’s about 4 miles to the village of Radda in Chianti, 25 miles to Siena and 34 miles to Florence.
Points of Interest: 200 meters to tennis court, 300 m to restaurant, 7 km to Bank, Shops, Post office, Radda in Chianti village, 40 km to Siena, 55 km to Florence.
- 6 Bedrooms (4 double, 2 twin) in two units
- 6 Bathrooms
- Swimming pool – not heated
- Fenced pool area
- Shady pergola with outdoor furniture for "al fresco" dining
- Shared tennis court
- Kitchen with dishwasher, fridge and freezer, mixer, pimmer, toaster, juicer, coffee machine (filter + mocha)
- Ceiling fans
- Satellite TV, VCR and Stereo / CD player
- Baby equipment
- Washing machine
- WI-FI internet
- Heating is available at an additional charge
- Included: Maid service 4 hours a day 5 days a week, weekly linen change, final cleaning
- At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required: villa pre-stocking, adventure activities, cooking lessons, cook service, laundry service, child care service, additional maid service
- Children welcome
- Non-smoking villa
- Pets not permitted
* Please note: the included amenities may vary according to final agreement, make sure to check your contract for complete list.