Tuscany - San Macario
Villa Anna – San Macario - Tuscany
5 Bedrooms – Pool
Located in the Tuscan hills 10 minutes west of Lucca, this beautifully restored 18th century farmhouse is on 40 acres of olive trees and vineyards. The grounds and gardens are beautiful. From here one can enjoy the daily town life of the walled city of Lucca, the beach resort of Forte dei Marmi (30 minutes) or spend a day in Florence (1 hour). The farmhouse is set on a hill, in total privacy, off of a paved country road through a private gate. This is a very private residence with beautiful views in all directions of rolling, wooded hills. On a clear day, one can see the Leaning Tower in Pisa. The house was recently restored and the interior designed by the finest craftsmen with respect for both Tuscan traditions and the highest standards of comfort. It has six modern bathrooms, five bedrooms, and four fireplaces.
The house is filled with light and inviting open spaces. The first floor opens to the outdoor terrace
from four pairs of large wooden doors (the original stable doors). There is outdoor dining under the pergola and a covered outdoor living area. There are walled gardens, a 60-foot long mosaic pool, and an outdoor pizza oven. The house is provided with Wi-Fi; two flat screen cable televisions; two DVD's (European and American); stereo surround sound in the living room; state of the art security system; all five bedrooms are air-conditioned; screens throughout the house.
First Floor: fully furnished kitchen, equipped for fine cooking, opens to dining pergola and outdoor living room; dining Room with fireplace, opens to outdoor terrace; large Salon-Card Room; 16th Century living room with fireplace, television, DVD, stereo; guest bathroom; Bedroom #5 (queen size bed, fireplace, en-suite bathroom with shower; air conditioned).
Second Floor: entrance and hall; Master Bedroom #1 (king size bed, fireplace, stereo, very large en-suite bathroom with tub, double shower and air conditioning); Master Bedroom #2 (king size bed, stereo, desk, fax and Wi-Fi access, en-suite bathroom with shower and air conditioning); large library with Italian history, literature and travel books, with Wi-Fi access; huge artist studio with desk, fireplace, sitting area, flat screen television, stereo, DVD and Wi-Fi access.
Third Floor: Master Bedroom #3 (double or king size bed, desk/reading area, en-suite bathroom with tub, shower and air conditioning. Can add extra beds or crib); Master Bedroom #4 (king size bed, desk/reading area, en-suite bathroom with shower and air conditioning); spacious hallway.
Outside Area: Dining area under pergola, outdoor living room under second pergola, mosaic pool (60 feet), garden, vegetable garden, orchard, 40 acres of olive trees and vineyards, pizza oven, private gate (with remote “Genie”), parking area, easy road access.
HOUSE MANAGER: The House Manager, speaks English and is really lovely, lives in a nearby town, and will be present at the Tenants' arrival. She can be reached at any time by phone and/or email.
Download this Villa details and photos as pdf
- 5 Double bedrooms with air conditioning
- 6 Bathrooms
- Garden with vegetable garden, orchard, 40 acres of olive trees and vineyards
- Mosaic pool
- Dining area under pergola
- Pizza oven
- Equipped kitchen
- 4 Fireplaces
- DVD, stereo, 2 flat screen cable TVs
- Wi-Fi internet and local phone. Long distance phone service extra
- Private gate
- Parking area
- Housekeeping service seven days per week (Monday-Saturday, 8 am-2 pm; Sunday 9 am-1 pm)
- Continental breakfast (guests pay for all groceries)
- Electricity/AC included up to € 171 (503 Kw) per week, above this amount, extra charges will incur and be deducted from the security deposit
- Heating is included up to € 350 (82 m3) per week, extra charges will incur and be deducted from the security deposit
- Fresh flowers throughout the house upon arrival
- Pool cleaning and service
- Pool heating (not needed in summer months). In fall/winter, pool heating is extra and averages € 125 per day
- Gardener service
- English-speaking coordinator
- Restaurant recommendations, nearby sights and excursions with directions on-site
- Special guest services including tours, wine tasting, cooking courses, marble quarries, yoga, spas, picnics, hiking, etc.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES AVAILABLE AT RENTER’S EXPENSE:
- Food shopping (must be requested no later than the day before)
- Chef luncheon and dinner service (includes house manager and her assistant)
- Day of Arrival Dinner Service
- Special Pizza Party Dinner
- Extra housekeeping on request
- Personal laundry and ironing
- A quality, local limousine service is available for hire to all Italian destinations