Sicily - Siracusa
Villa Moresca – Siracusa - Sicily
5+2 Bedrooms – Pool
Magnificent villa near the beach with snooker room and swimming pool. Ideal for a large family or group of friends wishing to explore the delights of Southern Sicily.
Location and Surrounding Area. Villa Moresca is set in the splendid Sicilian countryside just outside Syracuse. Syracuse is a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site and was founded as an important Greek settlement. It matched Athens in size during its heyday and was the birthplace of the esteemed mathematician Archimedes. The surrounding area is literally littered with sites of important Greek, Roman and Baroque archaeological interest; Ortiga island, the Temple of Apollo and the amphitheatre to name but a few.
Catania sits at the foot of one of the world's most active volcanoes, Mount Etna. The Roman poet Virgil wrote what could well have been a first-hand description of one of the volcano's frequent eruptions in his Aeneid. Taormina is a lively, celebrity-studded town perched on the clifftops and has seen many an artist and writer pass through its streets. Noto, Modica and Ragusa are also UNESCO World Heritage Sites and are within easy driving of Villa Moresca.
Villa Moresca is 70 km from Catania international airport and 300 km from Palermo International airport. The nearest restaurants and sandy beaches are less than 2 km away and
Syracuse is a ten-minute drive away. The nature reserve at Capo Murro di Porco is a five-minute walk from the villa. You'll find the wonders of Mount Etna, Noto, Ragusa and Taormina within a radius of about 100 km. Sports lovers will be happy to know there are golf, tennis and scuba diving facilities nearby.
The Property. Villa Moresca sleeps up to ten guests in five stunning double bedrooms, each one with its own elegant en suite bathroom. The main villa houses three of the bedrooms on the ground floor and the other two are in the stylish annexe, which overlooks the immense swimming pool.
The living areas are in the main villa and offer guests a fully-equipped kitchen, a tastefully-decorated sitting room and a spacious snooker room. If you prefer to sit back and let the professionals prepare your dinner, a chef service can easily be organized while you relax with an evening aperitif by the pool.
The swimming pool is set in immaculate gardens and the pool side area has plenty of umbrellas and sun loungers, perfect for lazing away your days in peace and quiet in the Sicilian sunshine. The huge veranda also overlooks the pool and is fully furnished for enjoying al fresco meals in the shade. There is a new audio system in the garden, which means you can listen to your favourite music as you eat or sunbathe.
The gym includes a running machine, cycling machines, weight-lifting bench and a massage table for massages or beauty treatments.
- 5 double bedrooms, each with own en suite bathroom
- 2 extra bathrooms
- Fully-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, freezer
- Living room with piano
- Snooker room
- TV, stereo systems with DVD and cd player (indoor and outdoor)
- Air conditioning
- Washing machine and iron
- Fully-equipped gym and massage table
- Swimming pool (15 x 7.5 m, depth 1.1 – 2.4 m)
- 500 m2 of furnished terraces
- 7000 m2 of private gardens
- Sun loungers and umbrellas
- Outside shower
- Private parking
- Included: Twice-weekly change of bed and bath linen, weekly change of pool towels, daily cleaning, baby highchair and cot, final cleaning, welcome hamper
- Services available on request: welcome buffet, boat and car hire, transfers, tour guide, shopping list, personal shopper, trip to Ortiga fruit and vegetable market, domestic help, breakfast, chef services, babysitting, dry cleaning, wine tasting, cooking course, special events and weddings (max 100 people)